PEKIN COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL
1. Determines student attendance each hour of the day.
2. Determines why each student is absent by maintaining contact with the home.
3. Completes or initials passes for students who are excused from being tardy to class and identifies tardies that count towards finals.
4. Interviews students regarding attendance or discipline problems.
5. Compiles attendance data as required by law, board policy, or as requested by the principal.
6. Resolves matters of discipline, administers disciplinary action when necessary, and maintains records of such action.
7. Contacts parents, students and teachers, when appropriate, in discipline and attendance cases.
8. Oversees the general conduct of students on school property.
9. Supervises the student-staff parking, busses, cafeteria, and hallways as well as the assignment of student lockers.
10. Initiates and prepares truancy cases for court.
11. Prepares and presents expulsion materials for Board of Education expulsion hearings.
12. Holds conferences with parent(s) regarding disciplinary suspensions and other adjustment problems.
13. Organizes and supervises schedule pick-up day.
14. Assists the principal’s office staff in the collection of textbooks.
15. Works with and makes appropriate referrals to community agencies.
16. Keeps records and gives general supervision for detentions.
17. Maintains a student service center to provide assistance to students with lockers, ID cards, and other related issues.
18. Facilitate and/or co-chairs the building level disciplinary committee
19. Work with other deans to create and maintain the office budget
20. Provide all district administrators with quarterly and year-end disciplinary reports
21. Reviews and analyzes disciplinary data in order to make data driven recommendation pertaining to rules and procedures that are documented in the Student-Parent Handbook.
22. Provide information and/or inputs data pertaining to required state reports relative to discipline and/or attendance
23. Supervise curricular and co-curricular activities as assigned by the building level administration. Hourly compensation for curricular and co-curricular supervision will be determined by the contract.
24. Cooperates with other deans to ensure that the office is staffed with at least one dean until 4:00 pm each school day
25. Takes an active and collaborative role in the identification and intervention of students who are at-risk of academic failure. Deans will be expected to work with all members of the pupil services team in an effort to explore methods to address the issues and needs of at-risk students.
26. Performs other such administrative duties and assumes other responsibilities as may be assigned by the principal or the assistant principal for operations.